help on some equipment

As new to going to the Finger lakes, I hear mentions of flasher flies, cowbells and some other assorted descriptions can use a little help in the best way to rig things up, as in previous post, we are new to lakes( going to try canandaigua first a bit closer -only 100mi away) we don't have downriggers, going to use dipsy and maybe divers probably with keel or clip on weights off lead core and copper wire, just wondering what setup for terminal tackle at end of leader , how far up from end for the flashers, any help would be appreciated, also , maybe a couple of good tackle stores in the area, probably launching at woodville when going as this is the closets launch as we are coming in, thanks guys, Great Forum by the way 8)

just sign us....frustrated Lake Erie boaters

try to start very early on Canandaigua, head north from woodville launch, look for drop off, try east side white rock to whiskey point or west side Cook's Point to Hawks Point, early bite seems to be best for me.

Wire dipsies clear, purple or black are best, with flasher combos green and green or mtn dew and blue 20"-24" leader from hook to loop, tournament ties are best on flies to keep em buttoned. White 8" pro troll echips have their days as well with a no seeum fly. Leadcore you will need 7-10 colors at least with water temps lately, try high up though for browns and bows, I run 300' copper with flasher fly combos too, good luck,