how to run more than 1 dipsey on same side?

keep it simple at first....over time, with practice you can tighten up the vertical/horizontal spreads. for now just focus on running them clean

Set inside dipsey#1 on a 1 setting and run deepest. Next set outside dipsey#2 on 2-1/2 setting and run 10-ft above inside dipsey#1.

Repeat settings on opposite side, running inside dipsey#3 set 5-ft above deepest inside dipsey#1, and then set outside dipsey#4 10-ft above inside dipsey#3

if running wire and braid... run wire on inside dipseys, braid on outers

if running braid and mono... run braid on inside dipseys, mono on outers

also, make wide gradual turns vs. short tight turns

hope this helps...

I run the deep (inside) dipsy on a 1 setting and the shallow (outside) on a 3. Let the outside diver out first then the inside. Keep the outside diver at the same amount of line out or less to avoid tangles. I had trouble with my Luhr Jenson divers changing settings while deployed so I pinned them with very small stainless steel bolts and teflon nuts. The new Walker Deeper Divers hold in place. I have a set of those but they do not plain out to the side as much. Like Shorthanded stated, gradual turns helps a lot.

I think alot of guys get tangles because they let them out to fast and don't thumb them out slow enough when letting out the outside diver. Wwhen setting your outside (typically 3 or 3 1/2) make sure the dipsey is planning out slowing and you actually see it moving out to the side as well as hold the rod to the outside of your number 1 or 1 1/2 setting diver. I feel once 50 ft of line is out it should be far enough away from your inside diver that it won't get tangled this is usually around 50 back for the remaining amount of line I engage the reel and let a loose drag slip out the rest while keeping an eye on the counter slower is better. You may also want to take your inside rod holder and turn it in one or two clicks and use a longer rod on your outside rod as well and keep your outside divers rod holder up a notch or two compared to your inside. I used two wires all weekend and always use 2 braided diver walleye fishing and never tangle by following this approach. Follow what the other guys said as well.