Canandaigua 8/1

Tom aka huntin trout and I got a nice early start Sunday morning setting lines in the dark just past the drop off in the south end. We worked the middle of the lake with spoons on the riggers and flasher fly combos on the wire rods. So many marks right in the riggers I couldn't believe we couldn't pick up a hit. I switched through the colors on the spoons and the dipsy rigs and still nothing, rigged all flasher fly combos too, zero. Finally reel in a shaker bow on orange stinger spoon which didn't pop the release but was shaking the mainline. Next one to go was the starboard wire set up with a black dipsy and NK mag black / chartreuse spoon out 234 on a 1.5, lots of head shaking and fighting from the fish and oops, she come unbuttoned. Too bad because I would have liked to have seen that one, so would Tom, right Tom?

Oh, I forgot to mention in the report we pulled cowbells and peanuts in chartreuse and wonderbread, when that good fish got on the NK black/chartreuse mag spoon on the wire the chartreuse bells were on the rigger right next to it, hmmm maybe there is something to them cowbells.