Need Transom Cap for 1995 Sea Nymph .... Suggestions?

Sea Lion

Hi Gang,

Went out fishing this past Sunday (fishing was ok, decent numbers of browns, atlantic, a small laker and some kingettes). Coming backing into the bay I clear the channel and then turn left or at least tried to turn left. I looked back and my kicker moter is laying perpendiular to the main motor. It evidently got loose, bounced around on the way back and caught the transom cap (thick aluminum stock shaped 2 inches accross and about a 1/3 inch on either side. ,-------, Luckily my kicker motor hung on by this cap otherwise we would of had some new structure in Ibay. Now I'm looking to replace my mangled Transom Cap for a 1995 Great Lakes Fisherman Sea Nymph...yes I hear "good luck" but figured I'd ask out there? Any ideas. In my quest to get this replaced I found out that LOWES bought out Sea Nymph in the early part of the decade and so far I've had no luck contacting them.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

same thing happened to me once with my old smokercraft 14', I was lucky enough to just pound the metal flat and shaped it around cap. If yours is too far gone someone like a metal shop could cut you a piece of aluminum and brake the edges to wrap around the transom, silicone the underside and you should be able to clamp it or even tape in place until the adhesive sets. I had a low transom ( short shaft) that transitioned from high to low where the motors hung, bending and braking new metal for it could be problematic, hopefully you have a straight transom, meaning no height change as it traverses from gunwale to gunwale.

FLXTroutman,

Thanks for your response. I am coming up empty with a source for this. Might be I have to go to a metal fabrication shop and get a piece of aluminum stock bent. Actually might be the most cost effective alternative.

Bob

Another good post (not for you).. I always strap my kicker for the road even with a heavy kicker plate most say " Do not trailer with motor on" on my old support i always removed motor for the road...5 min extra work or 2000.00 kicker.................and maybe cause a crash behind you..................Take the time 1 hr to mount good "U" bolts to the transom to easly strap motor tight ,,,or remove the roads ant getting better,specially some of those R/R crossings on the way to the lake..for us country bumpkins remember running (now ya gotta walk slowly) to the back of the bus for the fun ride toss in a good curb hit and youll fly off the seat..............well that kicker dont enjoy the back seat ride as much as we did ummm yesterday..or was that 40 years ago?