Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name: Lilboat / aboard: Cruz Con-troll

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):8/1

Time on Water: ~5:30 to noon

Weather/Temp: Cloudy with a couple raindrops and rainbow early then sunny /Temp=Nice

Wind Speed/Direction: East then more from the south

Waves: 2 footers then flat

Surface Temp: 74

Location: Out front a little west then a little to the east of the chute

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 15

Total Boated: 11

Species Breakdown: Browns 8 and kings 3

Hot Lure: All Spoons NBK, Gobie, Gator

Trolling Speed: 1.9 to 2.5

Down Speed: 2-2.2

Boat Depth: 80-130

Lure Depth: 45-80

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Started out in the pre dawn with RJ and Dave under cloudy skies and set up in ~80FOW on a NW troll. It didn't take long for the sliders and dipsies to go right off the bat. Landed our first 8 hits before dropping any. (6 Browns to ~7lb on 300 copper / a couple small kings too) Marked tons of bait and many hooks and after the screen went clean for a while we made the turn back to the east and set up the temp probe. The observed temp profile explained the hot slider bite as break was not down far (45-60ft depending on speed/current). Went east and had the first miss (by me on the copper).

The bite continued and then slowed somewaht as the clouds burnt off. Biggest fish and strangest hit came on the 300 copper. I had sharpened the hooks on the spoon after the earlier miss on the copper and was going to change it up again as it had been quiet for a while. Usually we'll leave it in the holder and just crank it in, as its a bit easier to get it in, especially for RJ's 400 copper.

However this time I take it out of the holder to wind it back and I say to RJ I want to get a feel of my new set up. (I bought a slightly used 700 tekota this year and RJ had given me his 300 copper line which he replaced with 400 for his 800 Tekota.} Anyway, after I get about 10 - 20 or so cranks going the thing stops and its .....FISH ON!!

Glad I sharpened the hooks as we land the piggy 11lb nice brown (personal best) after a pretty good tugging match. I love it when that happens :)

I've had a recent mild case of drops on the copper and tried to do some reading up on best way to get them in. Some say not too much pumping, Most have come unbuttoned slightly prior to where the copper comes out of the water.

Nice day at Fair Haven fishing with the Cap'n Cruz and crew.

Here KINGY KINGY.

PICS hopefully to follow.