Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:Rolmops

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):8/8

Time on Water:0.700-16.00

Weather/Temp:nice weather in the seventies

Wind Speed/Direction:South,early on around 10 freshening to 15,in the afternoon South -west easing up to around 7

Waves: 2/4

Surface Temp: 71.5

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 8

Total Boated:4

Species Breakdown:Kings

Hot Lure: Green Spinny/green crinkle fly

Trolling Speed: 1.4-3.4

Down Speed: 2.3-3.1

Boat Depth: 110-160

Lure Depth: 65/95

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

It was very easy going out with a Southern wind,and running out to 100 feet was no sweat,Thank you Blue Heron for the tip.

Once out there it was a challenge to keep two riggers in the water not because of the fish but because of the waves and fishing solo.But Something is happening out there.Around 120 to 130 feet in 44 degree water there are huge bait pods accompanied by huge schools of small and big fish.They are spread out between 90 to 125 fow and rock solid.I tried with wonder bread but no go,with NBK both super slim and regular but no go until I put a green spinny with herring bone pattern and a green crinkle fly on the 95 and that one did all the damage.The ones caught were all between 5 and 15 pounds.The one that got away almost took 600 feet of copper with him.I had 600 feet out with a single Kevorkian and the hit on that one was very fast and furious It took 200 feet of backing out and while trying to get some back it threw the lure.

It got to be a lot easier to fish as the wind turned south-west and eased up quite a bit but by then the action had died.

I think that I need a steady fishing partner,that would make things a lot easier.How about it Mr Kremer 01?

Cornelis.