Olcott 6/9

Guest ReelDiel

got out around 2pm till dark. Lots of full hooks in 100fow. Temp break around 90 down. full hooks mean their not moving yuck. 1 shaker 79 down. Tried to hit on with a ridgeback rattler to wake'em up. No luck Around 4pm moved out to 450fow. temp on surface 52. Inside temp (100fow)was 67. Set up on a SE troll back in hoping i got to the outside of the fish and work back across them. Worked somewhat. Typical June fishing first fish 440fow 79 down shaker. Good temp around 70-80 down. Set 2 rods deep, 2 divers a little higher and 2 planerboards right on top. Finished with around 15 fish total and missed 4 or 5. Guys with me first time dropped a screamer 550' out and to much slack oh-well. Red dodger and peanut fly on planer board took 4 steelies and missed 2. My lucky never fails NK Orange spoon..skunked! all kings were in that 7-9lb range. Also dropped a nice steelie put a wire diver with a red/orange spoon 60' out right on the corner of the boat. I knew if one hit it would be a nice aggressive steelie...slammed wire and my friend was so excited he decide to set the hook like a 10lb largemouth in lilypads...yikes if anyone sees a nice steelie thats missing a mouth let me know :lol: All and all not bad... the lake was flat as glass and sun was hot once we got a slight breeze thats when the fishing picked up. Best depth was around 280'. sorry its a day late very busy...good luck