Seneca 8/11

Fished Seneca for the 1st time this year.

Went 4 for 5, 4 lakers, 1 fish I wish I saw :( .

Ran the seth green rig in the a.m. for an hour and caught a stocker I never knew I had :o .

Ran 2 riggers for an hour w/ no touches.

In the p.m. I ran flasher/flys (green combos) and caught 3 clipped lakers in the 4-6lb range. Had a fish on that had "head shake" like nothing I have ever felt. Almost non-stop shaking. Wasn't ripping line, but just constant pulling. Wasn't gaining much on the line counter after 5 minutes or so, and was kinda just hangin' on when, 1 more wicked shake and gone ;( . I was sick. I knew it was a "good one", and am curious as hell as to what it was. My guess would be a SLOB laker, but have never had 1 thrash that much.

Wire set out 210 on 3 setting was the ticket over 80-120FOW. Fished couple miles south of Severne launch.

Good fishing all!

LTtroller

Bob

Hey Mike.

Yes I use snubbers on my wire rods. Unfortunate that it didn't help me any in this case. On the bright side, that fish will be bigger next time :rofl: .

Glad to see things are picking up for you on Canandaigua. Maybe I'll see you out there 1 of these days.

Take care.

LTtroller

(Bob)

Ya areyounuts I can only speculate at this point. Certainly did not feel like a laker the way it was pulling, but it wasn't ripping out line either & it was staying down. With the surface temp approaching 80, I guess any salmonid would fight like hell to stay down :rofl: .

I guess it's just another "big one that got away" story now. :(

Good fishing to all!

LTtroller

(Bob)

my 14.5 lb laker for red cross was like that flasher fly, stayed down at the 70ft we hooked him at for 15 minutes...we got him up. but he never shook his head much he just stayed down, now the browns on seneca from my past experiences have nice head shakes too. last summer a fella at ervays got a 11 land lock...maybe you had a buig LL on the line!!! That would be awesome. my bigggest on seneca is 8 lbs.. Lets get back out thtere and find him!!

nick

Hi lakebound88. I have not caught a big brown previously on Seneca, and my limited experience w/ LL is that it would have been dancing or at least headed towards the surface. IDK what to think other than a pissed off, slob of a fish.

Those LL sure can be fun, and an 8 lber is a nice one. I caught 1 about that size on the Big-O earlier this year that put on quite a show :) .

I doubt I will get back down there again this year w/ LOC starting up, and the fabulous fall fishing on Canandaigua, but if I do you can bet I'll be looking for that fish ;) .

LTtroller

(Bob)

I've caught a few of those nice LL's. 6&7 lb none as big as nicks. Not all will run to the surface especially those that are hooked deep. Those slabs have a headshake that is pretty wicked. I don't run snubbers and the big ones I pick come on wire. I just run lighter rods (med action) Watch that rod bounce. WOW :o:clap: