Hot Lure: green paddles on green flies

Trolling Speed: 2-3

Down Speed: 2-3

Boat Depth: 200-400

Lure Depth: 70-85

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Went fishing with RJ and Bill at Oswego as the kings were playing well there the day before. See RJ's Oswego 8/13 report.

Started in ~120 FOW and worked out with the waves. Temp had come up and break appeared about 70' down.

First to go was a rip on the E-chip dipsy out 250 in ~300FOW. Bill landed a nice female king ~26lb.

Turned back and nothing doing going into the waves.

Went back with the waves and take a hit on the rigger in about 360FOW down 80. RJ was up but he hands the rod to me and the screamer fought well all the way to the back of the boat. Another nice King about the same sze but male hits the deck.

Continued with the waves out to over 400FOW and it was blowing pretty good,

Turned back into the waves and nothing until we get back into the 200's then the rigger goes with another screamer hooked to a green spinny Atomice fly. About 20 seconds later the other rigger goes and Bill gets to it DOUBLE SCREAMERS We're bouncing pretty good. Didn't get the 2nd fish of the double but, after an epic battle in ~4 footers ... we manage to bop RJ's nice King about the same size as the first two landed.

Had 1 other hit ealrier on a J-plug run on the rigger but nobody home.

Kept waiting for the copper to go but I guess you can't have everything.

Wind kicked up even more and we headed in with all aboard happy and appreciative of the 3 nice Kings. Thanks again RJ.

PICS hopefully to follow.

Those are some nice fish! i was also fishing that day out of oswego, but our luck wasn't as good ;( ... i was just wondering what size dipsy you are using?

That stiff south wind made the fishing pretty difficult... did you happen to mark any bait out there?

Thanks, and thanks again RJ for putting in the pics.

Those are some nice fish! i was also fishing that day out of oswego, but our luck wasn't as good ... i was just wondering what size dipsy you are using?

That stiff south wind made the fishing pretty difficult... did you happen to mark any bait out there?

We use the big dispies but not the super big ones.

I thought I saw some stuff down about 40ft when we first set up, but really didn't mark nearly as much bait as we've been able to see in the recent past.

However, I'd rather see the big fish on the lines than pods of bait on the screen. :)