Keuka 8/21/10 - Smoking HOT Few Hours with Pics

Left Keuka Lake State Park around 6am. Decided to run only copper, 300' down the chute and 200' on a planer board. Green dolphin SD with BW cornbread and hot mess were the hot combos. Ended a short morning with 4 lakers, largest being 24" and the largest landlocked salmon I've ever taken on Keuka. The LL whacked the green dolphin SD with hot mess fly about 40' down in 60 FOW on the north end of lake. After a great fight with the LL I sat down to gather my thoughts and then I remembered I was doubled up. I landed a small laker on the double. I'm normally a catch and release guy but the LL was hooked pretty deep and I didn't feel comfortable releasing it so I decided to keep the fish and give it to a buddy. Salmon bounced between 3.13 lbs - 4.08 lbs on my scale. The wind picked up so I called it a day by 8:30am. I hated to call it a day but it was just too windy.

However the largest catch of the morning was a 6' graphite Shakespeare rod and reel that a bass fisherman must have dropped overboard in about 40 - 50 FOW. I must have dragged bottom with the copper and hooked onto the lure.

It was a banner morning on Keuka...can't wait to get back

IMG00038-20100821-0909.jpg