Fished out of Olcott today. First off, inside fishing still sucks. We fished inside from 0630-0930 without moving a rod. We tried doctors/flies, opti inticers/flies, R&R 8" assassins/flies, lymans, j plugs and familiar bite whole alewifes.

0930 we pulled rods and ran out to the 29.5 and 50 lines and trolled north. Lines in the water at 10:00, first steelhead in the boat at 10:10. Dad just got back into town and wanted some fish to smoke so we were fishing for the box. by 12:10 we had 5 nice steel and a lost brown trout about 8 lbs in the box and called it a day.

Could have stayed out there and continued to put a walloping on em, but I wasn't interested in leaving a trail of floaters behind the boat so we pulled and ran in. No idea what the brownie was dong 11 miles offshore in 470 fow and hitting a spoon trolled at 3.2 at the ball, but we weren't complaining.

Fished the 29.5 to the 32.5 lines. Ended up 8/10 in the two hours we were out there including a 5 lb king (released, clipped fish) the 5 steel and 1brown in the box and a small steel that was also released. had a hit and run on the wire diver and a slider fish come unbuttoned to complete the action. Fast troll was best, 3+ at the ball to get them to hit. 7 of the 10 bites came on 1 spoon, the laser spooked NK blue thunder that has been my best steelhead spoon for the past 4 seasons. Highly recommend taping one up, every time I put it down, it just fires all day long.

PC010001.jpg

R&R Union Spoon took one fish on the 45' rigger and a Ludington stinger took the small king on a free slider on the 40' rigger. Everything else came on the spoon above on the 50' rigger. hit and run on the wire diver back 180 on a 3 was on an R&R mag watermelon grape dot.

Nice average size with 3 of the 5 steel between 8 and 11 lbs.

Tim