Boat/motor change out

Flanman

I have an old 1977 19.5 Grady that has served me very well over the last 15 years but its getting tired. I have a 2000 Honda 130 on the back that was just completely rebuilt by Honda last year under warranty for a cracked head (the thing was 9.5 years old, I couldn't believe it) ......so I have a 10 year old brand new motor..........my cousin has a 1999 21.5ft Aquasport Osprey that has a Johnson with a questionable future. I am looking for a shop somewhere within 60 miles of Rochester that would be well suited for this kind of work (moving the Honda to the Aquasport). The steering is different on the boats as is the control box so its not super straight forward. The skeg length is the same as is the bolt pattern into the stern. I heard there was a shop that specializes in boat restoration/boat repair between Roch and Syracuse but I don't know the name off hand. I would like to get the work done somewhere in late October. Does anyone have any ideas on where to go for this sort of work? THANKS

You should call Hank - L&M on the Board here at 315-558-4178. He knows his stuff and prices are reasonable, but most importantly, he tells ya like it is. He is located in Port Bay. I personally won't go anywhere else.

Shawn