Heading to Selkirk this weekend.

indian

Anything going on out front of the Little Salmon or the Big Salmon? Any info of what depth to start at and what to run would be greatly appreciated. We'll be docking at Salmon country marina on the little salmon.

Thanks guys.

Anyone else Camping up at Selkirk shores this weekend is welcome to stop by the Scotty and Red van for a beer. :beer::yes:

I was up Labor Day weekend and it was not good. Water temps were in the mid-70's on the bottom out to 175FOW. High winds and waves prevented anyone from doing much. It was a part of that huge 2-day Gale-Force storm. Got out Labor Day morning for a few hours but the lake was all messed-up. From what I have read on here for over the past weekend, the lake is still too warm and some guys have called it a season and pulled their boats. Fish are in the river and people on the Rt3 Port Ontario bridge were reeling them in all weekend, according to my neighbor at the lakehouse. I'll be up this weekend to give it one more "go", but not expecting much to happen if the lake is still 70+ degrees. May have to run out DEEP to find any decent temps.

TAG,

Talked to a buddy yesterday, was out in 600' 2 days ago, 178' of cable out had 66 degrees, not looking good at all. Still marking lots of fish that will run this year in 200 plus, but they have lock jaw. I was thinking of running deep, but he said the bait and fish were below 180. Good Luck if you get out, calling for lots of big w and NW winds coming the next couple of days. Hoping things change for October, going to go looking for next years kings if the weather permits.

Rich

TAG,

Talked to a buddy yesterday, was out in 600' 2 days ago, 178' of cable out had 66 degrees, not looking good at all. Still marking lots of fish that will run this year in 200 plus, but they have lock jaw. I was thinking of running deep, but he said the bait and fish were below 180. Good Luck if you get out, calling for lots of big w and NW winds coming the next couple of days. Hoping things change for October, going to go looking for next years kings if the weather permits.

Rich

Thanks, Rich. This has been a really goofy season, hasn't it? I got a friend into fishing the lake BIG time this season, as he's always done little ponds for bass. He's the guy I introduced you to at Mike's LSR Challenge. He still wants to catch a king this year before I call it a season, but don't know if it'll happen this year now. He's never done river fishing, so we may have to give you a call to help us with that. It's all new to me, too! I've only fished out in the lake.