Cayuga Lake B&B with pics of results

rshubuck

;) Fished hard both days with Josh, Paul and Bob. It was a tought fishing. I got to meet a lot of you guys. Had a great time. First day we fished Myers N on the East side to AES with very little luck. We then motored up to Sheld. point and trolled north. Did ok. We landed a 2 ten inche rainbows. :) But there was little to no fish so we motored back down to the boyscout camp and found lots of bait and fish. The 3 biggest were 6.5lb 6 and 5 3/4lbs. Just could not pull in a big one. Good temps at there.

Today we fish Taug. to the Boyscout camp ealy and fish every where. we did really good but I lost a real nice laker. Broke my hook off. ;( I got on the radio and let everyone who was listening know that it was good fishing there and then it shut down for a bit. Just kept pounding the small LLs but not the lakers. Also caught someones lead core but we were able to save it all. :clap: The good temps kept moving down with the N wind so we moved with it and kept circling. Worked out pretty good. We finally hooked and landed a 10lb 9 oz Laker to take second place :clap::clap::inlove: We caught it directly across from Myers on the W shore in 120 FOW. On the wire/dipsy 305ft out on the MTdew SD/ Big Weenie Proc ;)

All in all we lost 4 real nice fish that probably would have made the board but we have no idea. I can't wait till the the spring B&B

I don't have my name on the boat yet, but I'm sure a lot of you seen me in my 23ft sportcraft with the soft top. The name of the boat is Reel Obsession..

Josh Wilson is the one who is holding the 2nd place fish that he landed. Great job Josh!

Thanks FishTails for scarying all the fish my way. Every time Rod drove by me we hooked a fish :lol::rofl:

gSawA.jpg

gSfvS.jpg

gSi00.jpg

gSrZA.jpg

gSzt0.jpg

gSEsi.jpg

gSGXr.jpg

gSJrA.jpg

Congrats that's a nice fish. We fished hard both days only targeting big fish. I thought we had it figured out when 7:10am Sat when we put a 10lbs laker in the boat. After a quick run to Myers we set back up and found the fishing to be exactly what everybody was saying on the radio. We stayed just north of Tuaghannock both days searching from 100fow to 350fow. The fish were there but the desire to hit was not. Sunday we did the same program and Cheryl managed a laker good enough for 10th on the board. It was a great way for us to wind down the season.

Our program was riggers at 75 to 95, dipseys parked at 240 and 250 and 400 copper. Our bigger fish came on Flasher / Fly. We searched for Temp all weekend and yes we found it late morning sunday just south of Taughannock. The fish were more cooperative but no big takers.

John

Congrats again on the 2nd place, it was good talking with you :yes: It was the first time for my boat on Cayuga...2nd time for me. Justin and me had a good time and it was great meeting some of you guys & gals. More fish would have been good, but we managed a dozen fish or so with 1 brown, 2 salmon and the rest being lakers in the 4-7 lb range. From the sound of it, I was fishing a bit deep. most of the time I was fishing 90 - 113. The 113 rigger did take 4 fish Sunday on a white/green spinny and a Big Weenie rollin rock fly. Sat. our best rig was a Big Weenie Mt. Dew grease trap followed by a green peanut 315 on the dipsey.

The boat is home now and the 2010 season is a wrap. Looking forward to doing it again next year :clap:

We had a great time too! And I agree, the fishing was tough. We couldn't find the pigs we had been playing with for the last three or four weeks, and we don't have a temp probe (yet) so we were guessing. I'm just glade Kade got one big enough to get him on the board. :yes: That boy was so excited to go home and show his mom and twin sister all the stuff he won. Had a hard time gettin' him settled down for bed.

It was also nice to put some names and faces together. :yes: And a special Thank You to Splitshot...you made Kade's day!

Kyle