Another Canandaigua jiggin story:) pics added

chuck527

A relative contacted me with family coming up from Florida that wanted to fish. We hit Canandaigua on the north end and just had a great day!! Boated about 4 fish between 3 and 6lbs before heading mid lake when the one person that had not caught a fish yet hooked a monster! After a good fight we boated the egg laiden female that was about 32" and i'm sure every ounce of twelve lbs. Everyone on the boat got at least one at 8lbs or better. Headed back North and lost a few before we hooked what I first thought was a big brown till it jumped and clearly revealed itself as a bass! I caught a 6.5 smallmouth last summer and it was nothing compared to this fish!! One good jump and it threw the hook and the rest is just a story :( Unfortunately I was just controlling the boat and coaching today so no pics from me but I did get the video of the slob laker that you can see at facebook if you search my name (Paul Nagel) Great day with 2 of 3 getting there limit and the third getting the slob and missing the smallmouth of a lifetime.

Just a quick side note... Fished the B&B with my wife and we boated 8 decent lakers out of T Falls day one with maybe 2 8lbs or better and day 2 we boated closer to 20 out of Deans cove but the average was much smaller with very few big fish. Congrats to you guys pullin fish over ten. Most of the big spawners had lock jaw but we caught plenty of dinks that were barely big enough to eat the jigs.

laP7J.jpg

laRCS.jpg

laU70.jpg

Sweet fish..... Did you bang all your fishing jigging or a combo of jiggin and trollin... Dale

All fish came on Jigs. 80 to 115 FOW with 110 being best. Green (chartreuse) was the hot color. Can't wait to get back out on Sunday. Hope the bite holds up.