Converting my Braided Line Dipsy setups???

MarkNY

hey guys, id like to use my braided line dipsy diver rod setups for flatlining with planer boards. what is the best way to set these up? i have 200yds of 50# power pro then 20# mono backing to fill the spool. i was thinking about adding a 20-30' 20# flouro leader to the end of the braid and then scale down my leader to whatever species im after(not kings). think that would work? any other ideas? how about setting up a 2 color leadcore on this same rig? id appreciate any suggestions. best, mark

thanks gambler. point well taken in regards to the leadcore. i need to do some experimenting with leadcore. i thought about splicing a loop into the back end of the leadcore so i can install and remove without losing length. ive done quite a bit of splicing spectra for tuna fishing but im not sure what kind of braid wraps that leadcore. lots to learn... mark

I like to run a long stretch of 20lb FC (50-100') after my core and then swivel to another 10'Fc to small black snap. On 2 color cores I'll grade the 2cd stretch of leader down to 12lb for FLX bows and spring browns. I don't change or remove any line on my core reels (I leave them as 2,4,5,6,7,8,10 colors) but I only have 4 rods for core and just switch the reels. If you use Ugli stiks, the top guide is big enough to reel the swivel and snap thru.