Fat Lake Ontario Northern Pike

BlueDaksi

This was one of two Northern Pike that I caught before dark on Lake Ontario last evening when I went kayak fishing with a couple members of the RIT Bass Club and my friend Andrew instead of staying home in bed with my cough - I'm paying for it today... CoUgH!

0929101851.jpg

It was still fun though :) I caught them fishing at a creek mouth on a glow-in-the-dark 2/5 oz. Little Cleo while fishing for trout and salmon. Andrew caught a 7-8lb steelie

Nice Paul! Congrats on the catch - I happen to be a fellow RIT alumni myself. I had no idea they had a "Bass Club" there. In typical RIT fashion (always thinking outside the box), I see the "bass club" is great at Pike fishing

Nice Paul! Congrats on the catch - I happen to be a fellow RIT alumni myself. I had no idea they had a "Bass Club" there. In typical RIT fashion (always thinking outside the box), I see the "bass club" is great at Pike fishing

Thanks! I'm just the club advisor. RIT bass club members compete in the FLW Collegiate Bass Series and other tournaments. In fact, the Club President, Corey Smith, took 1st place in the bass category at a catch-photograph-release benefit kayak fishing tournament last Saturday

IMG_0134.jpg

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20349

The club works to advance the sport of fishing for members regardless of their experience level or angling interests. We had one student who had never picked up a fishing pole in their life catch their first bass last spring - lots of good fun. They also are using kayaks as a budget-minded way to get on the water and develop this method of fishing into a competitive collegiate sport:

http://kayakanglerfishingclub.net/features/136-competitive-kayak-angling-graduates.html

That's great to hear groups like yours exist as an option for college students. I would have surely joined had I known about it back in my college days (2000-2005).

Thanks again for sharing Paul!

Chad Lapa, MS

Information Technology (IT)

RIT - GCCIS