3.5 years

ray koziatek

Well another one bites the dust in Indiana. This buck is one of the decent bucks from the farm ill be hunting sat. :) Ive got vidio and picks from the last 2 years he was at 10 yds from me last year but not ready yet. Normally Daren wont shoot the little ones like this but it was from the stand formally occupied by his deceased uncle "Dennis",so the Dennis stand "bow tradition lives on". The meat was donated to the food bank ,and the rack will hang in the farm for years "storys " to be passed on. The lastest count is 4 "shooters" with many of this size running the doe.. The farm has been in the family over 100 yrs with great respect to the natural inhabatants there. My friend "Don" who is considering hunting his farm for the first time sence the loss of his brother will be the highlight of our trip ,as he has been batteling lung cancer for the last 5 years. Every year we never know if its our last year hunting as our friend hangs on we only hope his son will consider letting us continue "our Indiana Tradition" tho it will never be the same......... :(

This year "Don " has mentioned he has NEVER seen so many nice bucks in his life in the surrounding area, so if anyone else is heading out there this year get ready for the hunt of your life.......It may be your last..........we never know what tomorrow brings..ok i lost the pic have to repost :(

DOE IN HEAT was placed on the tailgate.. good bases but little rack mass those are the ones we try to trim out tho the big boys will peek out for a quick shot . this is the one from last year with 4 more in the same class waiting for us............We Hope!!

I ant spraying down with doe in heat AGAIN this year and acting as a decoy.. :o

eachA.jpg

one a little bigger was bow killed 300 yds from my stand on nearby land...........last week

Ray, you have your priorities straight. Great that you get to be a part of that, and have quality bucks as a bonus. Your turn will come, bet you're counting the days! We lost our camp-type environment years ago through the founders/locals passing on and heirs selling. The hunt/peck style hunting in small parcels we do now can still be effective, but nowhere near as fun. Good luck!