maybe the lease is ok

ray koziatek

well the biggest in bow season was a 2.5 yr 10 pt ,a small 8 and a4pt,,,,the 10 was almost a shooter but with some big boys there I was kinda being fussy ,,,

my bro in law took this 4.5 maybe older 2/3 10 pt 5 on right and broke beam and a nice eyeguard on left .....probly a 220 lb full 190 ish dressed.only problem was the shot placement took a couple pics before putting him down ..500 yds can be a long drag,specially the last 100

picture deleted: l&m

Photo342.jpg

saw 3 doe and 10 positive count coyotes at last light,gonna have to refocus my game ..

leasing is great, when a farmer says no hunting period and you throw a grand in his face then he tells ya there is a good one down by the pond! not to mention it keeps us guys off the property that EVERYONE can get permission for so you see more deer ,I dont see the down side for either party......

man to bad that beam broke :(

Got to be honest.... Taking pictures before putting the deer down is VERY poor taste.

I usually really enjoy your posts, but not this one..

I was always taught to respect ever deer that I am fortunate to take and any other game for that matter. Anything short of IMMEDIATELY finishing off the deer is the wrong move (IMO)...

just my 2 cents..

Well it wasnt with pride i took this pic,he thought he made a good shot, i guess it was so big (body) i thought i would share ,tho i agree with the IT ANT RIGHT side of it .

I do relive a old Indian Tradition of putting some greenery Grass,or natural food in the expired deers moulth for its "spirit" to have its last meal, and I thank God for every deer I take . Ill remove the pic before Pita calls. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Ya know what i just looked again and it ant know worse than looking at a deer in a pen beining raised for food , beef,pigs,chickens, Ect. This deer had a chance to meet it foe ,Guess as a marine maybe i got "manned up" along the way .. When a took this pic the camera was at eye level for me (3ft).. ok 5.5 ft and the horns are eye level with it in the position its in just to give ya a idea of its size.. I would of loved to have seen this deer on all 4 feet and I hope i can find the "one that broke a 6.5 in. main beam" Im just concerned he got broke in the fight too ,if its too broke up ill pass on it for next years bow season as im not hunting 100% for meat their are nice pretty little does out there for that..

Yea after loosing the 600 acres ive hunted for 40 years its a reality ive had to face "LEASING" to have my little peace on earth....Unless i win the lottery !!!!