Racoon in my blind!

chowder

I'm in my little Gander pop up in the pouring rain and holding on a heavy doe late this afternoon & something just didn't feel right to me. I looked over out of the corner of my eye & a big coon was actually in my blind w/ me and after my granola bar that I had opened just b4 the does came out! Kinda messed w/ my site picture as I was about to touch off my rifle & sure enough now I have a recovery job in the am, SOB! I'm pretty used to defending my belongings from the farm cats but this the first time I've been raided in my little slice of man cave. What's the world coming to?

LMAO ANDY. Those coons scare the hell out of me. I have seen them be real nasty and know what they can do. I probably would of screamed like a school girl.

Yeah, well like I said I sure did not make a perfect shot while trying to scoot the coon out w/ my foot (the damm thing had the balls to bare it's teeth at me b4 retreating!)while trying not to lose my opportunity on the doe. My son told me to look at the bright side of the whole thing "well dad, you don't need to worry about how still you are when you are hunting, that's for sure, I mean jeez you got wild animals practically crawling into your lap!"

I'm on my way up the hill to commence recovery operations as soon as I got a bit of day light. I know she's terminally hit cuz when I got over to the hedgerow she very slowly headed into, the fawn was milling about and very reluctant to leave so I just quietly backed away from there.