Pesky Muskies...

Been pounding the local river here with my little boat for the past month and doing great on the walleyes. Last week I was down there hitting my "secret" shallow water spot with three nice walleyes hanging on the stringer when all h___ broke loose next to the boat. I look over and there's a huge musky staring at me with one of my fish in it's mouth! After a short tug of war, he let me have my fish back. Any ideas on what size hook to use as a stinger on a stringer? Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Hey sluggo...i would`nt mind doing some river fishing next year for muskies.I`m not interested in walleyes so your spot will remain confidential.Any chance??I`m up on lake Ontario so it`s a long ride but willing to make it for mr.musky once or twice.

sol

Sol.. Not so sure it would be worth the trip. The few guys I know who target musky don't do very well. But they don't use walleyes for bait ;) . Somewhere I have a picture of a 54", 38#er that I got while jigging with a 1/8th oz. bucktail, but my encounters with them are pretty rare. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)