New Cannon Downriggers

I am trying to decide which new Cannon rigger to purchase. Since I don't need the base & swivel that is included with the Mag 10 STX I was going to get the Mag 5 STX. I do however need the longer boom. Does anyone know if the extendable boom from a Mag 10 would fit the new rigger and can I install the new pulley on the older boom? Or is there other differences between the Mag 10 STX and the Mag 5 STX other than the boom type?

High Bidder

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply Billy V. I received my Mag 5 ST today. I had to wait until I got all those gift cards to Cabelas from my kids and grandkids for Christmas. Just to clarify for anyone else who is thinking of putting a Mag 10 extendable boom on the Mag 5 ST. It does take a few simple modifications. It has to be shortened 1/8"( rigger end) and the hole to secure the boom has to be drilled through. The boom will no longer retract as much because it will stop when it hits the mounting bolt. This is a improvement because the lock nuts are now 4" apart and easier to tighten/loosen. The new design makes the unit seem BIG. I can't hardly wait to try it.

High Bidder