Spilled the glitter everywhere.

The finger is 100x better but when I was working w/ 9 digits I couldn't foil any baits so I messed around w/ doing a solid glitter base. Shine? Yes. Something different and you can bet a $1 that at least one of those walleye colors is going in my box for next year. I have done lots of foils but these are my first "glitters". I like them a lot and will make more in the future when I have time to just mess around. Getting cabin fever and need to get on the water but thats all of us right?

079.jpg

Glitter Walleye- I bet I could do the same background for a $9 also.

084.jpg

Glitter Shad for Cave Run down south in KY

091.jpg

Glitter Perch

Trying to pass the time until spring so I guess I'll go make some more baits. What do you think about these glitters? Better or worse than foils?

Those look really nice zach. :yes:

Tough to say whether I like those better than the foils. Your foils are amazing (pretty high bar ya set!) but pics just don't do glitter the justice they deserve IMO - it's all in the movement. Can't wait to see 'em in person.

Will you have them at Road Rules?

NM

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I am not sure about the Road Rules but I am getting ready for the Butler Show. I doubt I am going to make that many "glitter's" but if you want one I would be more than happy to get something started. I have lots of new colors and am getting excited.

Thinking I'm not going to make butler so you'll have to show me one from your personal stash next time I see ya.

Btw what was that striper/musky lake you mentioned a while back? Considering a wknd on raystown in the spring...was that the one?

Yeah that was the lake. Myself, I am looking at Cowanesque before that one for my own fishing though, still interested? I am really thinking about going back to Cave Run/ Green River sometime this spring, I know Cpt Larry is interested in going for the PMT. I just got my baits in the "Husky Musky Shop" in West Virginia and was invited down that way to do some stream fishing this spring for those muskies and also have an invite to fish the New River from another guy. Sounds like a cool fishing trip to me. I have always wanted to drift down some small river casting for muskies and this may be my chance. If you go down to PA this spring- drag me along! I have some bass crankbait bodies covered in blood from my router accident so I have given up on those for right now. I did make my step-father a topwater prop bait for fishing the bass ponds in southern Illinois. He moved down there in November and loves fishing those smaller farm ponds for big bass so here is a bait I made as a gift. They have lots of shad down there and hopefully some of those bass eat this bait. This is my first completed wooden bass bait and it is a 3" body, triple prop with tons of hardware. Not used to working on that small of bait.

002_2.jpg

Oh yeah, I will be down on the cow for at least a few day trips, starting with the first open water. I will let you know... I'd like to try for some stripers, so I will probably make a raystown weekend (instead of cave) but that will be a bit later in the spring. I heard RT isn't that good for muskies, so probably just a hurl a few token big baits for chits and giggles if i see a slimy looking spot while I'm there.

Another store stocking huh? Sounds like things are going good on the baker bait front for ya. :yes: thought maybe I'd see an ad in the new issue of MH. Maybe get Jim Bortz to do a cover pic of a slobber breaking the surface with baker hooked tightly in it's mouth. Talk about product placement! ;)

I don't know about all that but I was thinking that for $75 an inch I can advertise in the back of Musky Hunter but not yet, way too soon for that. I don't advertise really at all and I get a few orders a week and that keeps me busy enough. I have been posting a few pics on muskiefirst and this is where I get 95% of my orders from. Yeah- excited to get into that shop, they sell only wood baits and most are made right there in West Virginia I was told, so I thought that was cool. They don't carry big name plastic lures like Jakes, Depth Raiders, only handmade wood baits. They carry the Jones Baits, The Widowmakers, The Hughes River's, Crane's, Grim Reaper's and other really nice stuff so I took that as a huge compliment and was happy that to "try them out" they ordered 20. They said if some fish are caught on them and people like them they will make a bigger order in the future. I have also been thinking about another thing I have talked to a guy named Mike Baratta about. He is friends with Jim who owns Rollie and Helen's and Mike wrote like 3 volumes Drifter's book on trolling depths of musky cranks and used to work from Joe Bucher Outdoors so thats how they know each other. Mike said he can get me into the Rollie and Helen's if I want to make a ton of baits. I don't know if I could handle something like that as I am still such a rookie in so many ways but it is very flattering to hear. Who knows, I have to make a decision shortly as they will be making the new 2011 catalog soon so I have something to really think about. It's all been so neat the way this is going and I have gotten so much better at making them in so many ways and am still waiting to fall on my face at any time now as it seems too good. Who knows, not me?