Spring fishing out of I-Bay

I will be fishing Lake Ontario this spring after an 18 year hiatus. Looking for advice on location, depth and technique near the bay. Have downriggers and dipsy divers. Also, 2 reels with lead line. Lots of NK spoons and misc plugs. Would appreciate suggestions.

First of all congrats on getting back into lake ontario fishing. I bay/rochester area is one of the most consisent ports to fish out of. day in and day out there is always something biting. Alot of the members of this board fish this area and always are willing to help out and/or post reports on how they did.

From now to mid may the shoreline from braddocks(west) to hedges (east) all can produce some very nice brown trout fishing, great numbers and some size. Planer boards with stickbaits your best bet. steelies, coho's and a few kings will also be in the mix.

I could type a 30 page easy on details and locations but rather than do that I will send you a pm. Also i am sure that alot of others will add to this topic for you.

Also, Congrats on getting back!!!. Got you beat however, been away since 1991 after fishing from the late 70's. Just went back myself out of the river last spring. Still stickbaits as before on planers. Nice to know after all these years, black & silver, greens, and black colors...still get the bites. Glad I kept all my riggers! You will have no trouble getting back into it! Been fishing the finger lakes while raising a family. Now that they're older they come with me and experience the lake and all the good people out there. Good Luck and tight lines!!!