Boat repairs on the east end?

Dear Danno,

Hank at L & M Port Bay has a fine reputation and is honest about repairs.

Very hard to find people as good as Hank. What needs to be fixed? Give us a little more detail please. Some stuff can be very difficult to find parts for. Whoever does the work, get an estimate first. Did one last year that ended up costing more then the boat was worth. Fixing stuff from the 1980's is very difficult.

Respectfully submitted,...............Jet Boat Bill

Thanks for your suggestions. Repairs are minor - I hope. I'm having an electrical charging issue on an 88 hp Evinrude/Johnson that I can't figure out. Changed out the rectifier but evidently that was not the problem. Have to put a new gear cable is as well and motor could just use a tune up.

Thanks for your suggestions. Repairs are minor - I hope. I'm having an electrical charging issue on an 88 hp Evinrude/Johnson that I can't figure out. Changed out the rectifier but evidently that was not the problem. Have to put a new gear cable is as well and motor could just use a tune up.

My old boat had a 75hp Evinrude that threw a rod. I searched high and low for someone reputable to handle my older O/B and ended up at Bersani's Marine in Cicero. I dropped the boat off Sunday evening on my way home to PA. Monday morning, they called me at 9am with the diagnosis, cost and down time. He promised me he'd have it ready to go by that Friday so I wouldn't miss any derby time that weekend. Thursday morning at 10am, they called to say it was done. They ended up doing A LOT of work to that outboard, yet gave me a huge deal on all the parts and labor. Bored the cylinders, new pistons, connecting rods, used crank, cleaned and tuned all (3) carbs, plus a lot more. I know there are a lot of places capable of doing the work, but if you're near Cicero, I highly recommend Bersani's for Johnson & Evinrude work. :yes: