Hot Lure: Lucky Craft Pointer SP

Trolling Speed: 1.8-2.5 mph

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 6-13 feet

Lure Depth: 2-5 feet

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

My daughter and I went out for an evening troll and had our best run yet. Never bothered changing lures because everything was working, and even accidentally nabbed a bronzeback that went quickly back in the water. I think they are a heartier fish than trout because it swam away instantly instead of having to "revive" it. The highlight was an 8 lb Brown that had a goby lodged in it's throat. I keep wondering if gobies are really as bad as we all thought initially. Would have done a lot better today if we hadn't made a mess of the lines on the coho. Ended a really killer day too soon. Still, was sooooo nice to get out again after lousy weather for a week.

20110422204409.jpg

20110422171140.jpg

Went out again 4/24 from 6am-8am, but this time solo. Went 3 for 3 with 2 browns and 1 laker, all average catches but a ton of fun. Was content with 3 so I zipped back to the bay. They were hitting so well, who knows how I would have done had I kept going. The hot lure this trip out was a different Lucky Craft Pointer SP with a dominant yellow color. It took all 3 fish. Also removed a nasty lamprey from one of the browns. Never pulled one of those in before, but seen fish with scars from them. Thing wiggled around on the deck like a snake.

Noticed others were having great days as well, as I spotted bent rods and nets on multiple boats on the way back. It doesn't get much better than this right now on the lake for Trout! :)