Species Breakdown:1 Coho 1 King

Hot Lure: Alpeena Diamond, DW monkey pyuke

Trolling Speed:1.7-2.5

Down Speed:1.7-2.5

Boat Depth: 60-120 ft

Lure Depth: 50-113 ft

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================Me, Jim, Bill hit Olcott to do some derby fishing Friday and WOW what a screen on my hummingbird holy smokes i honestly thought there might be something wrong with it. :lol: There were stacked in there like firewood. But strangely my probe said 44 degrees at surface and 44 degrees on the bottom. Saturday we found some 45 degree water for a little while. So we got a coho after bout a hour on the Alpeena Diamond behind a flasher. Then man we went three hours or so and must have marked a couple hundred fish and got to see some cool images on the side scan. I was throwing everything but the kitchen sink at them and finally a modified DW took a shot and sweet it was NICE king and after a fun fight and Bill doing a great job with the net we decided it was close enough to go get weighed. I was ecstatic and thought i was gonna put my first fish on the board. But he was only 18 :( . So back out we went and washed lures for a few hours and called it a day. Headed back out there Saturday morning and ended out at 120 ft of water and my god my graph was so packed with fish out there we must have been hitting them with the balls. We must have ran 50 some spoons, stick baits, and other spin doctors and flashers. Not even one release in 5 hours. We got SKUNKED bad. But at the end of the day we hooked this massive thing with the boat and i landed what looks like unraveled pcv pipe. A real beauty. Lots of fish out there but no takers. All in all we had two Lakers get knocked off the board and almost put a king on so i am happy.

025.jpg

029.jpg

I was hoping it was 20. I think you talked to my father and I at the docs while we were gassing the boat up. Picture out there was great, looks like no one could get them to turn on. I guess it will be a couple more weeks. we took some lakes in close Saturday afternoon but pretty quite weekend.

Ya thanks you guys i will be back to olcott. And ya it was a bummer that was my third 18 pound king in the three years i have had a boat to fish for them. Just cant seem to break that 20 mark oh well i will be seeing you guys around take care.