Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: Too slow for what I like to catch

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 30-70 FOW

Lure Depth: IN THE MUD

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Made our first trip of the year from Ohio this weekend with mixed results.

Friday started hunting for good color and whatever warmer/stable temp we could find, so we ran to 50 FOW East of Olcott and set up. Managed two knock offs on the riggers all day.... Yes, all day. The only thing that kept us in the area was the awesome picture on the screen. We threw everything we could come up with for at least 8hrs trying to get something started. You name it, we tried it, even went to a big board/ plug program in close thinking up high for some BT's, but no dice. Really had us searching. Not a good way to start off the year.

Saturday was a different story all together. Did what we originally intended to do, and should have done Friday... Fish the Bar. Late start had us setting lines in 70 FOW on the ledge at 11pm. Ran a 6 rod all spoon spread targeting 50 down, fishing marks. Slow start but put a small teen King in the boat with a Dipsey/DWSS combo and then the picture went away around 2pm or so. Pulled lines, motored into 40-30 FOW on a NW/SE troll on the bar, and put a 4 rod LT program down and immediately started to hammer away on a Warrior boy/girl flutter. Was hoping for a Derby fish, and should have encorporated a Mag or two into my spread but, but we made it up to 17lbs and change and that was it. All of our fish came from a troll of approximately 1/2 mile. Ended up C/R 15 large LT's and the one early King.

All in all, a good trip, not what I was hoping for, but enough to keep us happy. Surface temp in 40-30 FOW had 46 up top and 44-45ish down 30 for better part of the day. Be back up Memorial day for what I hope is a spring King slaughter.