Waves: 1 or less

Surface Temp: 49 in close, 47 out deeper

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 11

Total Boated: 7

Species Breakdown: 1 laker, 1 atlantic, 2 baby salmon and the rest steelhead

Hot Lure: red stuff on top (alpena diamond, creamsickle, small red DW SS), dirty white boy

Boat Depth: 70-180

Lure Depth: top 80 feet, mostly a surface bite

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Did a short morning again out of Sodus. Tried for browns (albeit not very hard) with nothing to show by 6:30, so we pointed north. Found a nice scum line and about a 2 degree break in 75 FOW and immediately had steelhead action on it with the red surface lures, but they were all short. Looking for bigger fish, we pointed it north, and did a slow pick of slightly larger steelies with an atlantic (~23 inches) and a laker (6 lbs) on top, and a few small salmon down lower. We never got outside of 200', and 170-180 seemed to be the magic number. We were working mostly west of everyone else today, just west of maxwell. Nothing was caught on anything bigger that the DW SS size.

Where the heck are my salmon? The only ones I have caught the last few weeks are dinks. Sorta got spoiled last June with our salmon fishing, so I am looking forward to seeing the mommies and daddies again. Steelhead jumps are great, but I prefer to see reels screaming! Of note, in 70-150 FOW, that 60-120 down looked pretty good.....

Pics to come I think...

The kings are gonna be late to us in Sodus this year... The cold temps and heavy rains are slowing the migration.. They really just got to the bar.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

lol

I found the salmon... Well I didnt, but the proam teams sure did. At least 1600 of them were in Wilson/Olcott this weekend. Gives me hope that they will soon be in Sodus now that the warm weather is here! What a freaking spectacle to see all those fish weighed in this weekend.

Yea it was fishing like I had never seen it this weekend... No mattwr your skill level you could box out.. The skill was finding only the bigger fish... That wasn't easy! First time I have seen boats limit by 8am and be upset!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png