Lucky Enuff Niagara Pro Am Report

WOW....what other way can a report from last weekend start? We are blessed with an amazing fishery that can easily be taken for granted. The fishing was just outstanding, and the results and all the reports clearly support that. I only wish it could have lasted longer :inlove:

I fished the Niagara Pro Am as our Lucky Enuff team with teammate Jeff, his son Matt and our newest member Rob. LOU member Jimmy I observed for us....thanks again Jim!! It was a rough start....weather wise. We fished out of Olcott (a first) in Jeffs new boat, so everything was a new experience for us. We couldn't get on the water until Thursday afternoon, thanks to a hard blow. We did a little prefishing Thursday afternoon and to be honest, so much happened over the 4 days I can't even recall how we did Thursday :D

Friday we head out a little late, but it was quickly game on as one fish after the next hit the deck. We choose to stay close to port, as Jeff didn't really want to run very much with the new boat, and I fully undersood that. We decided to fish a few miles east of Olcott, and would stick to that plan the whole weekend. We found a pocket of fish that had decent size, but the pod was only within a half mile area and the waters beyond this pod produced only small fish (or none at all). We know the bar was a killing field, but it was just out of reach for us in this event so we choose to make the best of what we could with our Olcott fish. Friday was just great, as we narrowed down our most productive waters and found that to be in the 200- 275 fow range for the bigger fish. We went to weigh in with a 3 fish box of 47 lbs....not good enough for and dough, but optimistic for the weekend :)

Saturday was a great day, except for our sub troll didn't work and we would fish the entire weekend without speed or temp :( We started a tad slow, but we finally got to our fish and took our first on a warrior spoon (Humpback). That spoon took two nice kings before getting tore off. Warrior Glow belly creeper was good to us as well, along with some DW spoons. Most of our good fish came on Big Weenie flies and MC Rockets. The BW saltsy balls fly was just sick on the 340 deeper diver (#2 setting). Actually, for flies we ran nothing but Big Weenie flashabou flies. Saltsy balls was great, as was the Dominator, and a new custom fly that might be available later this year called the spook. That spook fly was crazy good for both our team and the Oh Baby crew. I think Matt said he took 12 fish on it one day. We ended our day on a 3 wire rod triple....what a hoot!! A Hi Ho Silver MC Rocket behind a chrome paddle took it's turn....twice :clap: We ended the day with a 9 fish 97 lb box and were sitting in third after day one.

Team_Lucky_Enuff.jpg

Sunday we left the dock with a go big or go home plan. We ran only one spoon to start, and pulled that quick after two dinks ate it for breakfast. From then on it would be all flys and rockets for the first several hours. Our first king came aboard after deciding it wanted our Hi Ho Silver MC Rocket on the 400 copper...bad idea and he took a fish nap in the white coffin. It would be a slow pick for us, as our screen had dried up and our fish were gone. We choose not to communicate in this event, so we were gonna have to search until we found them. By 10, we only had 4 fish, so we decided we better start spooning up and picking on some of the smaller fish. Well, we waited a little to late and threw back an early fish that was within captians discretion. We came up one fish short with only eight in the box for Sunday. The one we should have boxed cost us two spots :@ ....lesson learned.

It was a GREAT trip, we took home a check and had so much fun ! Rob...thanks for joining us bud. You were great and welcome back anytime! Thanks to my teammate JeffJ for bringing his awesome new boat. It was like old times bud...the way it started in the port it started :yes: I think we succeeded in our goal...to put the fun back into tournament fishing.

It was great seeing everyone again. As I reflected back on my 6 hour drive home, I thought of all the people I now know and get to hang with thanks to all these awesome tournaments we get to fish. Three tournaments into the season, it has been the best season to date thanks to great teammates! I know I couldn't talk to everyone, and to those who I may have had to inadvertently blow off at one point or another....please accept my apology as it seemed I was being pulled three different ways from the time I arrived until the time we left. I look forward to seeing everyone again this weekend, as I will be fishing the Orleans Pro Am with my buddies on the Oh Baby team on the Pro Side.

Thanks again Rod for inviting me this weekend. I had a blast reelin all those fish in :lol: and blooding Jeffs new boat up :rofl: Jeffs new boat is just amazing!

The only thing I remember about thursday is stopping for food at ,I think at Time out, was the great burger and fries :yes: Oh and the Beer that some one bought me. Thanks again :beer:

I got to meet a lot of you LOU members for the first time. It was a pleasure! Sorry I did not talk to you all but mayble next time.

I can't stress how much fun it was to fish with you Rod, Jeff and Matt! I hope to do it again soon. Good luck next weekend with Matt and his Team.

Pro_Am_Niagara1.jpg

fishing_photo_016.jpg

fishing_photo_017.jpg

Can't agree with you more Rodney it was an awesome few days of fishing. I think we did really well with all the newness in this tournament. My new boat that I haven't really fished out of and we have never fished together in, a great new team mate in Rob, the no communicate paper, and probably fishing in an area that had a lot less fish in it. We managed to do well and couldn't be happier!!

New fish hawk is going on real soon I think :D:D

Rob it was a pleasure to have you on board and thanks for getting the boat all bloody :):) you are more than welcome any time.

Good luck to you and Matt this upcoming weekend. Keep me informed.

Jeff

Glad you guys had a good time! The bite was out of control at the bar, but it was hard to keep the little guys off... Not sure how some teams did it! Sorry we kept missing eachother, well have to meet up in sodus!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Rod,

It was great meeting you and all the other guys. I had a great time from the time I got there till the time I left. I had to go to work that afternoon and I couldn't stick around. I learned a lot listening to you, Jeff, and Rob and also from the guys I fished with on 5 More Minutes. They were a lot of fun. It was a great learning experience and I met many new friends.

Take care and God Bless.

Jim

Hey Jim,

Got your call....flies were shipped from Big Weenie yesterday and I should have them before I leave tomorrow. They included a special package complimentary for you :yes: I asked them to send mostly rigged flashabou flies, since they have been so good for us this year. I will give the pack to Matt for you to have @ the captians meeting.

Thanks again for being a great observer and I am glad you enjoyed the expierence. Hope we can do it all again.