Some advise/help needed

Looking for a little help/advise on getting a guy in a wheel chair into and out of a boat and securing him in there too. He's about 250 lbs of basically dead weight.

I am interested in knowing if any of you guys might be interested in maybe helping me out. He is a good friend of mine that I haven't seen in years but have kept in touch with that is driving up from Jersey in maybe a month with a friend of his because he can't drive all that way by himself. He is paralyzed from the waist down after a drunken a-hole ran into him from behind and put him into a center divider about 12 years ago Halloween night:x :evil:

He absolutely loves to fish and had gone fishing on my boat way back when I had just gotten it. A bigger boat than my 19.5' would be a HUGE help in having enough room for him and his wheel chair (?) Gas $ and what ever would be put into the mix obviously.

Any help would be GREAT :D

Tom,

I have a client that fishes with me that has 100#+ on your guy. Four of us lift him into and out of the boat. Two in the boat and two on the dock. We face him into the boat and lower him in or lift him out.

Securing the chair once in the boat is not a big deal. My guy just locks his wheels and he does not move around much. Just be careful when you put her up on plane that is when you could loose him over the transom.

Hope this is some help to you.

CC

We took my friends nephew out a couple weeks back. He is a paraplegic (sp). I fish out of the oak, I brought the boat to the town service dock and he came along side, we helped him to sit on the rail, moved the chair on board and he swiveled his legs on the boat, we then helped him back into the chair. Had to move a few rod holders, but it went smooth. I thought we would have to ratchet strap the chair for the run out, but he just locked the wheels, no problem. I was a little nervous leading up to that trip, but would gladly do it for him or someone else again.