Cayuga 6/1211

Took some of my old high school buddies out fishing. Adam, Daryl, Erik and Ben. Ben was out with me once last year but the rest of the guys never been trolling before. My goal was to show them a good time and I think we did that just fine. Launched out of myers and motored N to Taughanock and setup trolling N. Right off the bat we had both dipsys fire off. Daryl landed a small LT. Adam lost his but I think it was a dandy one for sure. After that things slowed down untill we got south of Sheldrake pt. We were pounding the LLs nothing too big. Biggest was 22 inches. All came off sliders on the Watermelon spoons. The LL bite was good but I wanted to catch some more LTs but had little success today. Just could not find them.

Parked my riggers bettween 40, 50 and 60. Ran sliders. Sliders took the majority of our fish. Dipsy's were dead! :( 300ft copper, 400ft copper and 10 color was dead. Outsided dipsys were dead, Inside divers were hit or miss. We did catch fish so I really can't complain. We all had a blast and I hope to take them out again soon but Daryl lives in South Carolina. I got to run a 10 rod spread. That is the most rods I ever ran. Zero Tangles. Can't wait to do it again :D

Here are some pictures. I'm going to bed. Been up for almost 29 hrs and fading quick!

cayuga61211.jpg

cayuga61211_1.jpg

cayuga61211_1_2.jpg

cayuga61211_1_3.jpg

cayuga61211_4.jpg

Good job Rob! Kade & I fished south of you, we started at T-falls and went south, crossed over to Myers, turned north and trolled up to AES, went back accross and down the west side to boyscout camp. We worked our butts off, and struggled to put anything together. We ended up with 4 lakers, 1 small brown, and 1 small atlantic. Not complainin', just had to work for every fish we got. Biggest was a 10.8 lb LT, and a 7.4 lb LT. And I can't believe how nasty it looked all day and never really rained. We picked up around 3:00, it got rough quick!

Kyle

Thanks! The guys are already asking me when they can go out again :)

Great lake trout. I was looking all over for one of those :D

We certainly worked for the fish this weekend. I found very few LT this time out but I was very happy to have some LL action for a change. I found a majority of LL's that we hit were south of sheldrake in 150 to 220 fow. We would of stayed there but we were hitting too many small lls and I really hate to injure any. The weather sure was ugly looking all day. :o

Mom and Dad were out on dad's boat in the same area. Mom pulled in 2 decent LL's. I'm hoping I can get dad and mom out for Fathers day! Should be a good time.

Nice !!!! :yes:

Mom and Dad were out on dad's boat in the same area. Mom pulled in 2 decent LL's. I'm hoping I can get dad and mom out for Fathers day! Should be a good time

Hope this comes off for you what a great plan !!!!!! :clap: