Fathers day on Cayuga

Took my dad, Mom, my wife, my sister and her boyfriend fishing. We had a late start. I don't think we had a rod in the water until ten. Launched at Longpoint and right off the bat we were hitting some small lake trout but marking a lot of fish. I'm really not sure what I was thinking but I decided I wanted to fish over deep water and head south to Sheld. point. Well :( we only picked up a couple small LL's. Trolled south of sheld and nothing and nothing and nothing. We bounced from 150fow to 350 fow. That was a waste of time I was thinking. So I decided to pull all the lines and motor back to Long point. Setup just south of the point in 200fow. I had 2 dipsys, 2 riggers, and 300' of copper out. I was setting up another dipsy when I heard ZZZZZ on the copper. Rushed over grabbed the rod checked the drag and it was on the tight side. Now I really wanted to reel this in but I went to hand it to my dad but no. He wanted my sister to reel it in. so I handed the rod over knowing that she probably did not have the hang of this yet considering this was her first time trolling. I preached don't yank the rod but keep good tension on the rod. She yanked the fish then lowered the rod to fast letting slack in the line. Good bye fish! ;(:D We did not fish much longer but we did manage to catch more fish. Matter of fact the last rod in the water was a dispsy and right before we went to pull it, Fish on. 5lb laker. Good ending to a slow day.

I got to hand it to my wife. She does not get to go fishing with me much because of Nursing school which she finishes this week :yes::clap: She drove the boat like a champ. I dare say she might have been the best driver I had on the boat yet :inlove:

300' copper with some stinger lemon spoon, 500' copper with mtdew spin paired with salty ball, dipsy with Atommiks Shocker combo were the top 3 rods for me today.Every one caught fish although it was not a fast moving day. We all had fun.

Sorry I was not on the radio Jason and others. I think I need a new antenna. Can't seem to hear others past a mile or so.

momcayuga.jpg

fathersday1.jpg

fathersday.jpg

fathersday4.jpg