Seneca 7-1-2011

I was just about out of the shute and saw Hoot pull in so I went back and waiting for him to drop his stuff off at camp and come back.............we hit the east side worked up to the first point fighting weeds so pulled up went out beyond the first scum line and trolled across to west side......got the 788ci to hold a picture of the top 100' ....lost it but got it back in short order.. :clap: ........got on the west side worked north found fish nice landlock Hoots bad net job hooked net then fish flopps up in the air and back in the WATER... :lol: ......so he's still out there...........picked up a small laker ......then Hoot has a good one on and just try's bringing it in too fast lost it and it's laying on top... :rofl: ..looks like a fat brown......just about back to it and it revived and down he went..... :* .......after that we boated 5 more lakers and three landlocks..... :yes: ......surface temp 68* to 69*.....no fleas ( but my rigs are semi flea proof anyway)........weeds thick in some areas so you have to take what the lake will give ya !!!!!! or just work harder keeping lines clean......not as bad with a extra hand on the boat !!!!

Picked most fish at 38' down , could have beat up on the lakes at 51' and also 24'.......spoons long leads......three riggers had 5 color core in for a bit but pulled it working a small area to much hassel............speed was 2.5 to 3.2 lost or missed at least 6.....

Nice job Ed, sounds like you guys had a good time. Been thinkin'all morning about what a nice day it'd be out there. Gotta wait til monday. Wish that Humminbird would start workin better for you, I love mine, simple and easy to use...kinda like a Lowrance-for-dummies. :)

Kyle

It was good today with the quadbeam transducer....I have to call them on that stock transducer (dualbeam ) I'll wait till I have a good 30 minutes to just sit and wait for a real person to get on the phone........OK I'm done...... :P

Good job ED. Looks like your luck is getting better. Knowing you I cant believe you would let a nice fish revive and just swim away. :lol: I can not wait to get out on seneca this year. Hope you and my Dad can get me on the right track with this trolling. Still have not got a fish on the riggers with my new boat.

Nice report. Even with all the one that got away stories. :lol: my new Humminbird is working great I love it. 597ci HD the ducers are a bit tricky to setup though. took me a few tries to get it zeroed in. hope you get yours workin.

I have been out a few times. Still working the bugs out of it. Funny thing I use to hate trolling as you know. But I have been doing it every time I go out. I end up just washing lures all day. Then I go back to my jiggin ways so I can eat ;( . The boat was running good, if you want to call a top speed of 28 mph for a 90 horse good. It would start and troll fine idle all day. I ran it out of fuel then it went down hill from there. lines started cracking, floats sticking, and bottoms leaking. You know how it goes Ed, but what do you want for 2 grand fully rigged minus down speed.

Thanks Hookjaw !!!! :clap:

Davey your Dad said he's coming to camp next week after it clears out.......if jigging is your thing a lot of folks wack the lakers doing that.......that what I did when I gave the jigging a try.......jig for awhile....then troll to get some fish in the box.......now I like to try for the multi-specie so I troll most all the time...........I never got good at the jigging for lakers so I sure could not treak it so I could get the others out there !!!! :P