Dipsey Magnum 3 - keeps popping

All,

I cannot tell you how much time I wasted trying to get the Dipsey Mag 3 to work this Friday. The drag it produced popped it out every time I was at the level I wanted to be at. Then reel in, reset, back down, pop ... over and over.

I tightened the screw to basically the maximum on the popper - and it still didn't work.

Has anyone else had this problem with the Magnum 3 dipsey??

Was your boat speed too fast? How fast were you going? You also may have been in some fast underwater currents. As long as they are tight they should not pop off. If the water was rough it might have also been the boat bouncing that did it. Just sounds like they were not tight enough.

I trolled all day yeasterday the 5th and had a few issues with dipsy's as well, I had some major tangles with my leader lines after the dipsy getting wrapped all around the dipsys. I suspect that with the under water currents when turning were messing with everything down deep. I forgot my temp probe yesterday but I know that there were some strong currents coming from the west with the wind that we have had. I can't think of any other reason for the tangles, I usual get a few every now and then but yesterday was like every couple hours.