Hot Lure: Glow Frog, NBK

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 180

Lure Depth: 60-80

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

A little rough out there for my setup, but still fun nonetheless. Ended up with a 26" laker and a 32" king. I'm surprised that nothing touched the familiar bite whole alewives that I ran at 250-300ft out on the #3 setting with wire.

A little rough out there for my setup, but still fun nonetheless. Ended up with a 26" laker and a 32" king. I'm surprised that nothing touched the familiar bite whole alewives that I ran at 250-300ft out on the #3 setting with wire.

Matt,

I'm not an expert by any means but all my divers are "set" on a #2 setting. If you only run 2 which I'm guessing you are there's no need to have them that far off to the side. You should be looking for depth not spread and my divers ROCKED this weekend at 275'-300' with most of the bigger kings coming on them. Keep at it and good luck

Yeah Matt...not sure of the temps at Sandy, but I am guessing the 3 setting was a little too much. When you have to go deep sometimes we even go to a .5 or a 1 setting. The only thing you have to be careful of is when your corner rigger fires. Half the time the fish will go under the wire diver. Its as simple as keeping an eye on the diver at this crucial time and if the fish did go under it just lift it up and over the fish and stick it back in its holder.