I-bay trip 7/7

frm03064

Hit irondequoit bay for about 5 hours today... moved around to a couple different spots on the Irondequoit side, starting at the Pier on the end of culver Rd. At Irondequoit Bay State Marine park, and then headed south to a few spots off bayshore blvd and empire blvd. I set out with the hope of maybe grabbing some trout off the pier with some casting spoons since the water temp was down considerably today... Didnt come into any trout though, and after about the first hour i kept seeing bass jumping and decided to switch to bass tactics. After about 2 hrs i managed to get my first bass, a pretty small one about 11" off a #1 panther martin, which for the past few weeks has been my go-to lure for both trout and bass... it never seems to get old. Stayed near the outlet channel for about another hour before moving... Went down to Laselle's landing near empire at the mouth of I-creek and managed to get a nice 3-4lber off a soft plastic salted worm. Put up a hell of a fight on ultralight gear and definately made it a worthwhile trip.

0707011755.jpg

securedownload9.jpg

One other thing... while at the outlet channel i noticed quite a few dead and dying fish... saw maybe 3-4 rock bass on the beach and a few bullhead, and saw a walleye and 2 LMB's belly up in the water.... Im guessing it has to do with the water temp dropping quite a bit in a short amount of time... hopefully its nothing more serious...