Hot Lure: roy boy spoon

Trolling Speed: 2.7 to 3.1

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 100 to 280

Lure Depth: 0-50

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I made it out sunday around 7. Had a late start then boat problems at the dock. slow cranking high current draw. I have a new solenoid i need to swap out and I think i need a new starter....any ways. I was taking my dad and brother inlaw fishing reguardless because my brother in law drove 3 hours to meet us. So i fired up mr tohatsu and away we went. Started alittle slow after about 20 minutes we had a nice fish on a dipsy i grabbed the rod and hnded it off and the fish popped off. Rigger popped took a few jumps and fish off. We caught 3 steelhead one right after another, biggest one 8 and change then a 7 and change and then a smaller one. All the steelhead and coho just didnt want to stay in the water they were alot of fun. Finally around noon my brother inlaw laid down and the dipsy fired with a 17 lb king I let him reel it in hoping it was bigger. We got 1 more king and a very small laker. threw back all the small fish except 1 that was hooked deep in the gill and was bleeding all over i couldnt see tossing it in the water and floating away. Took a hit on a white and green spinny/green fly and 1 hit on a mt dew crush spinny/white fly. Every spoon was taking hits bullfrog colors, roy boy, m and m and a black and blue dolphin. I wish we could have got out earlier like 530 but oh well we still caught a bunch of fish.

yeah it turned out pretty decent. We trolled for a bit charging the battery and it cranked slow a few times then real fast like normal and fired up. i let it run for a bit and turned it off. and I did that a few times to make sure it would start. but each time it was a slow crank. Im just thinking the starter is shot. Was that you that said to go out on the tohatsu kicker to us at the dock? I was going out wheather the farce started or not lol. My brother in law got a battery from some nice guys when i was getting my jumper cables...if your out there guys thanks for letting us give it a shot. How did you guys do out there?

Hey your welcome, we know what it is like to go all that way and not get out. It looks like you guy's did pretty good despite the rough start. We got about 10 hits and 4 boated was having trouble getting good hook sets. My brother had a nice king on about 8:30 off the rigger on but lost it after a good fight, green/silver flasher and fly 70' down/210fow. I boated a laker about 7lbs on leadcore ran on a planer, watermelon mag spoon 50' down/230fow. Then we took a run out to 350- 400fow caught a decent steelie and a couple small ones but that was it for us.

When we were leaving the dock it looked like you were having some problems then it fired up I was like I hope we didn't drain his battery. That was my brother in law that you lent the battery to I went to the truck for cables and when I got back he had a battery lol. We trolled north south untill we hit fish and circled back on then. We got a laker that was tiny 2 or 3 lb smallest one I ever caught. At least you guys got into some fish there's a lot of times I get back and talk to people that didn't get crap...it happens to me sometimes too but its just nice to get out for a while. Hopefully ill see you guys out there again

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png