Blue diamond okuma rods

Who has blue diamond 10' roller rods and 8'6" roller rods? Do you like them? Are rollers the way to go when running wire? Or should I stick to the cheaper blue diamond dipsy rod with no rollers? Planning on running dipsy's?

Also what reels are you running on them I was thinking okuma convector45's line counters?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated?

I'm not a fan of the Blue diamond rods. Too stiff in my opinion. The Okuma classic pro GLT 10' dipsy rods a little cheaper and less stiff. Needs a twillie tip. They sell them at Dicks. Personally for the money and my favorite rods for wire are Eagle Starfire 10' rods. Hills Valleye and STreams has them for $20 a rod in Elmira, NY. Easy to get out of the rod holders too:) I run Okuma Convectors and I think they are a great reel. Clarions are another great reel but 40 to 50 dollars more and I would go with shimano if I was paying that much.

If you want roller rods get your wallet out and go Shimano. I got to use a pair this year paired with Shimanos tekota 600lc reels and they are nothing short of phenomenal ;) Top dollar but you can't go wrong with this setup. Good luck!

Diawa heartland roller rod and diawa 47. Absolutely awesome set. Just bought my second set after using the first set for 6 years. First set is still in use just want to run a 4 dipsey as part or my spread. You get what you pay for in my opinion on these.

yes thats why I said twillies ,and the twillies shave the fleasoff like butter, but out of fairness ive never ran rollers after the first ,roller jump so ive never made it to flea season with them,, but the newer are recessed a tad so ive heard the problem is not as bad with new type rollers.

Chrome.....Ive owned two sets of the 10.5 ft Okuma Dipsey rods. They did not have the rollers but the regular eyes. I took the end eye off and installed a twilley. In one year, I went through both sets of rods because the eyes totally suck. The wire ate through the first two eyes on the rods.

I had a pair of St. Croix diver rods for almost 15 years till I broke one. never had an eye issue. I love the loose action of the Blue Diamond diver rods. It is pretty forgiving when it comes to fighting a shark and keeping tight line on them. The only problem is the gold metal eyes are too soft to handle wire.

I went with 10 ft Heartlands and they seem to be working out just fine. I will be interested to see how they hold up.