new here, thanks for having me.

Name: Thomas mckenzie

Home Port:

Boat Name/Type:

I fish for:

==================

(your welcome message to LOU - anything else you want to say to the community goes here).

Let me try this again. I bought a boat this year and have been trying to fish Seneca lake. I am from Alabama, and the fishing up here is foreign to me. I want to start trolling. What would you here suggest for me to get, to get started? Thanks!

Welcome aboard Thomas! If you are pretty 'green' to trolling you might consider getting this book http://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-Salmo ... 641&sr=8-2 The techniques described in the book are the same ones we use in the Finger Lakes. After you give the book a go you may well want to book a charter on the FLX w/ an experienced Captn. Between the book & a few bucks spent on a Pro you'll be ready to dump the $erious jack into your own rig.People on here are very generous w/ their time & knowledge too, so get started on the learning curve & we'll help get you onto the fish. -Andy

Good advice chowder. Also watch the Trade A Trip section for guys looking to have someone to fill an empty seat. Or you might even post a thread in that section telling the guys the same you said here.

Welcome to the site & we look forward to your reports & pics of your new found passion in the sport. ;) Good luck & hope to see you on the water sometime. :yes: