Little Salmon River Challenge

Fished this tourney as a member of team Bandit. First of all I want to thank Ron Jacoby and his committee for putting on a very successful day in the little hamlet of Texas, NY. Thanks to Bob Hibbert and Bob Clark for doing the weigh-in and to Mike and Beth D'Alonzo and all the other sponsers for making this a very enjoyable tournament. Over 90 boats participated!

I have a few suggestions. The published time for the captain's meeting was 7:30 PM Friday night. I got there at 7 PM just in time for the 50:50 drawing. By then the meeting was over. What happened here?

If there were changes in the weigh-in time the message may not have gotton to every team. We understood fishing was to end at 2 PM and you had to be in line to weigh your fish by 3:30 PM. We weighed in at 2:45 PM and coolers were still being weighed until 3:30PM.

So glad food was ready by weigh-in time. This really smoothed out the food line as people could eat as they weighed in their fish. No waiting. Picnic was good and plenty of it!

Awards ceremony took place in a timely fashion. Congrats to Trout One for their first place finish.

Overall our team had a great time and I hope there will be another LSR Challenge next July.

Lou Calabrese

I too had a great time. There were 96?? boats entered. Way over what was anticipated. Ron, Rich and all the rest of the crew involved....great job!!! Thanks to all the sponsors too. My son Jordan had a blast too. This was his first experience at Lake O. fishing and he had a time to remember. Friday...15# king salmon (first one ever), Sat....10th place and Sunday.......8# brown trout. I dont think he will allow me to go out there solo again.

I think I saw/ heard the winner of the 50/50 drawing on Sat. donate a portion of his winnings back to the cause. That was a real classy thing to do. We need more people like that.

Looking forward to next years LSRC already.

hey Brad good seeing you again, thanks for all you guys did for the event from Savant spoons. I help load the bags there with you and couldnt belive the spoons you guys put in. Glad to see your Jordan made the trip with you and I think your in trouble now with a salmon partner for life. I agree with all above but it was the first one and a little adjustment is always in order after it. when putting this together it was just a few guys kicking it around on the internet for a fun family derby that grew to unbeliveable proportions. infact if you look at it there was more boats entered in this then the pro am. i hope noone ops out after this one and give it a go next year if it is done again. after running a deer contest for 10 years for our fire dept. i can attest to the difficulty to get something going smoothly. the more it is done the better it gets. Im sure that the communication between the managment and contestants will get better this year. Thanks to Beth and Mike, Rich D, Ron J, Chris Y and all the other people that helped out. this was my first tourny with my boat and we had some fun in it. looking foward to next year.

team InTheBox also had a fun time. I enjoyed the event and there was a little confusion with the rules but this was the first one and it was put toghther fast. I also want to thank everybody that help put on the derby this year and i cant wait for the next one.

Pat