I haven't target them yet, but recently, found few waters that had Broodstock Salmon in them. Have any advice to target them? If you have any experience with them since it might be different than kings in Lake O.

So given couple months of experience of fishing at Lake Ontario with Pike Hunter. I am fairly know how to running the system along with planer board/downriggers. :yes:

Only couple of problem are that lake is only max 40 feet deep. No humps on that lake. Basically, it is bowl lake. Plus, I have planer boards, not downriggers. So, I will be using rapalas and couple of spoons off planer boards to spread them out. Is that is good idea to start off to search for them? Since I don't know where to start at first place. I might start trolling around whole lake to see what happens.

Huge factor for me, I don't have any electronics on my boat. So I got to give my luck into this one. :P Hopefully, I will start get my first salmon in Mass.

p.s. They are in Massachusetts water, not in NY.

I fish for them here in Mass as a warm up for trolling kings in lake O. They like the cold water as well so it will be tough for you with out a temp probe. I usuall find the 55 degree water and set up my spread through that temp zone. Orange and gold broken bac rapalas of down riggers works best for me. What lake are you fishing???

• 2 weeks later...

deaf, we fish for landlocks and some of the waters are stocked with broodstock fish and can be REDICULOUSlY big. my biggest was not measured, but was bigger than the head of my canoe paddle and quite a bit longer then the 24" cooler i had in the boat (my guess would be 29-30"). THAT WAS THE BEST FIGHT IVE EVER HAD IN A CANOE!!!!!! the best way to pick them up is to troll smaller smelt imitators at a fast speed, 2.4-3.0. we'll also troll streamers, sometimes behind a wobbler, sometimes not. all depends on conditions and times of year. this time of year they're still in deeper water, but in fall and spring they'll be in close to shore (unless thier is a river they run). i always love when we hit one of the lakes/ponds with broodstock in them. you never know when you might get the fish of a lifetime. gl, and let us know if you get one.