Silver Fox Shootout Report

Since everything has been a blur for the last week, this is gonna be short, because I can't remember s@%t!! We fished Friday morning by first, looking for a starting point for sat. I figured we were gonna be fishing that 110'-200fow that we've been taking the good Salmon in the last 3 weeks and we did, with not a lot to show for it. We took some fish, but only 1 major. We then went to eliminate water. 350'-450fow was eliminated.

Sat. we decided to pound the snot out of the 180'-220fow after taking a bunch of smaller fish in a little tighter. I noticed we weren't moving west as fast as I thought so we cranked up the speed and the next hour and a half or so was busy. 300' copper was hot with a white spinny/skunk fox fly and midnight special DW SS on the riggers. We had a 20# king , a teen king and a bow in the box. It then slowed down a bit and we decided to work our way towards 100'. We get to about 105' and take our upper teens king and upgrade the bow to a 10# coho.Our hog wild spinny/dragon fox fly on the deep rigger was great. Then it was a half an hour getting the net out of the prop (another story for a diff. day). We went in and ended the day with about 60# and 100 pts. Good for 6th place.

Congrats to Trout N About again on their win. Also, a BIG THANK YOU to our sponsors and all the fishermen/ ladies that decided to spend part of their weekend with us at Sandy Creek. You guys should pat yourselves on the back for making this years tournament bigger than last. :yes: