new at seneca

I just started fishing seneca lake moved over from keuka and now i want to catch some of these 10 pound plus fish and im wondering is someone can help me wiith some tips i launch out of watkins and normaly fish by the salt plant and peach orchard i had some nice fish one but none that hit the 10 pound mark i and just purchasing trolling flies and spin doctor alot of green and blue i use spoons and rapalas i also use dipsys and downriggers and fish in 100-60 fow im new at this whole trolling and im learning with help from this site and google articles so i dont know much i run 6 poles normally 1 downrigger at 100 on the bottom and the second line on the downrigger at 80 then the other rigger at 90 and the top line at 70 then i run my dipsys 225 foot back they are the 3.5in(not exact measurment) with rapalas i havent revieve my spin doctors and flies yet. i have a eagle cuda 350 s/map fish finder with gps speed and i try to troll around 2.5mph

am i doing anything wrong or do i just need more time one the water before the big one hits

My goal is to eventually be good enough to enter some tournaments with a little help

Also its been rainning here and i havent had any good fishing in between storms is this normal?? if so how do you cath fish in this weather or is it like impossible? or should it have no effect

Thank you for all the help and support

Fellow fisher/friend

Cody

Your doing a great job !! Just keep doing what your doing and it will pay off eventually ... Spring and fall is a great time to hang around the 100 fow mark but don't be afraid in the warmer months to move out as far 400 fow or even the middle and look around a little bit with your fish finder sometimes you will be surprised in what you find out that deep on the first 100 feet of the water column.... Good Luck

Mike

Yea that would be cool so I was out last Tuesday and we had a great day we landed 1 nice laker 3 landlocks and 1 nice rainbow but I lost one real nice landlocks at the boat and lost one about 50 feet behind I don't know what it was and the while I was getting ready to land the laker the top line on the rigger fired and before my partner could grab the pull a real nice fish broke water 15 feet behind the boat and we got to actually see it spit the hook at the same time but were not sure what the fish was the fish went from 60 ft down to easy 3 ft above water in matter of seconds :).

All together my experience from moving from keuka to seneca was amazing seneca is a lot more fun to fish

Everything caught was on Michigan stinger spoons and baby brown trout rapalas on all tipsy back

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

You need to slide out deeper for big Lakers, on Seneca I dont fish in less that 300 fow. Also run North more towards Severne. Run Mag dipseys set at 1.5 on wire out 180 to 220 that will put you in the 80 to 100 ft range at 2.3 gps. Pull some of the flasher fly combos you see in the reports. Also core and copper run 50 to 60 ft down will take some big lakers. I run my riggers just for silver fish so they don't take to many Lakers. Sounds like you are off to a great start. Thanks Sean