Bruiser

When you look at these pictures, you quickly realize that NYS has the potential to be in the upper tier of states in the U.S. We have the habitat and significant agriculture to grow some real monsters, but also to grow bucks of consistent quality.

I think the only thing that we are lacking is an overall strategy to cultivate the great resource that we have.. I am not sure if the DEC doesn't have the resources to give this the attention it needs or if people are fearful of making some radical changes...

In my opinion, all you need to do is look at what has been done in other states like Ohio, Illinois, etc... When you look at the increaed land values (tax base), revenues from travel and out of state liscencses, etc.. You would think it would be a win, win for the hunters, states and DEC...

I just don't get why status qou seems to be the acceptable answer????

When you look at these pictures, you quickly realize that NYS has the potential to be in the upper tier of states in the U.S. We have the habitat and significant agriculture to grow some real monsters, but also to grow bucks of consistent quality.

I think the only thing that we are lacking is an overall strategy to cultivate the great resource that we have.. I am not sure if the DEC doesn't have the resources to give this the attention it needs or if people are fearful of making some radical changes...

In my opinion, all you need to do is look at what has been done in other states like Ohio, Illinois, etc... When you look at the increaed land values (tax base), revenues from travel and out of state liscencses, etc.. You would think it would be a win, win for the hunters, states and DEC...

I just don't get why status qou seems to be the acceptable answer????

Im about 30 minutes northeast of buffalo and the town just pushed through a 150 lot subdivision in big plot of woods, i knew dozens of people that hunted that land forever and there were always big bucks hanging out in there but now everyone that moves in there will be complaning about all the deer eating their bushes and gardens and will have no clue why...i mean yea it will hopefully push some deer my way but for the fact of taking out 200 acres of land i think is a bit excessive so i hear ya that people dont understand the strategy but they all think about the money

The problem in NY is that we shoot alot of deer like this.... Only they are 1 1/2 years old when we do it. I'm very picky on the bucks I take. On the other hand I'll take every doe that comes by. I'd like to see NY do a point restriction. Let'em Go Let'em Grow!! Congrats on some awesome pics. Good luck finding that monster in the daylight. Steuben county is known for Some great landowners sticking to some great QDM and seeing results. :clap:

Big bucks are great but other things follow big bucks. Money. Mr. Johnsons farm you've hunted all your life just got an offer for 2 grand for entire hunting rights. So there goes your big bucks unless you own the land.

Alot of the big buck mid west farms are leased up privately or by hunting clubs that pay big money. Just another view point looking at the big picture.