Cayuga 8/30

Bad cow karma this morning as a prolapse call came in at 3:30, (ask Chowder to explain) but took the boys out of Deans and had wet lines about 7. Ran the west side south from Kidders. For some reason the GPS would not give boat speed even though had 5 satellites on line. We guessed speed.....the wrong speed until it came on a little after 8. Marked loads of fish and bait from 55-85 down. Had a light bite from 8 till we quit at 11. Good eating lakers in the 3-4 lb size one nice 5 lb salmon who made my son

Henry work a little and a few skippies. Most including the salmon at 10:30, came off the

copper out 400 with a mountain dew colored flasher/fly. One good salmon hit a spoon

on a rigger. He spit it at my other son Spencer from 20 feet behind the boat when he

came up for air. Had a spoon hanging off his hat in a blink.

All in all a beautiful morning to be out. If I'm fortunate enough to stay healthy into old age I'll be out there 8 days a week.

Greg

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Sounds like a fun morning. You have to love it when those throw lures back at you. GPS issue, about three times a season we run into a similar situation. Plenty of satellite coverage and the gps acts up. I often wonder if some military testing is going on close by.

I'm looking forward to the long weekend, hopefully get 4 mornings in row on the lake and get a good plan in place for the Fall B & B next weekend.