Towing a bigger boat and trailer than used to

goin deep

Check the towing capacity of your truck. It should be in your owners manual. Compare it to the weight of the boat you are looking to buy. Don't forget to add the weight of all fishing equipment, gas etc. to the boat weight. You don't want to be overloaded......Cops frown on it! Good luck!!

Brian(Goin Deep)

What muskybob was tryin to say is sometimes if the dry weight of your boat and trailer is more than your truck is mite sway back and forth alot when at travel speeds. Also the length of your tongue can play into it also

I was in the same situation as you when i got my new boat. I used to have a 17 ft tracker, now I have a 21 ft Lund with surge breaks. My truck is a 01 toyota 4runner. It has a 6cyl in it also, and tows it no problems with the 4x4 everyonce in awhile on a slippery launch. I have noticed a bigger gas usage tho when towing the Lund. The surge breaks help out BIG TIME, just make sure they have fluid and have been recently installed and clean. If they are over a year old with no maintenence done you mite want to get them checked out and cleaned. A little lube job never hurts either. Check out my boat pics in the introduce yourself section you can see how big the boat to trailer ratio is.

Goodluck