first trip

Well the time is nearly here and myself and my family have rented a cottage on the lake. We are going to be right next to Selkirk Shores state park. I have never fished the big lake with my own boat and we are giving it a try next week. I have the cottage from 8/12/07-8/19/07 and will have a private dock on the salmon river. Now the question where do I began to fish. I have 2 scotty downriggers and 2 dipsy rod with wire. I have been told by some that live near me to head to 200fow and set about 80 to 90 ft. down and out 300 ft. with #1 dipsy set on number 2 anything green or white but make sure you have a hammer fly out. Is this good advise or do you guys that fish this area have something different? My boat is called Fish Craft so if anyone is up that way I would love to meet you and talk about fishing. Any help would be great thanks PJ

Sounds like good advice exept the fish can move alot in that time frame and so can temps. Come out of the river and look for the pack of boats. There will be fish there and fish the marks on your screen as far as depth goes.

Good luck.

Glen

go to my longline help post below,click onto link to bathymetry ,wait,r/h side click on square and circle next to lake onterio,godown to refresh and wait and l/o should look darker now, move the curser to the left of mexico bay press and hold left side snd make a red square over mexico bay and release left click (with lap) otherwise move mouse for square ,and this area will enlarge keep doining this till you see all the humps bumps and structure in mexico bay trust me all those humps and valleys are there and the fish load up on them just dont loose a rigger as some of those bumps are over 30 ft and steep also as some one said follow the boats or go straight out maybe west north west 90 to150 ft and troll north 2 to 5 miles and back south the big boys stage north of the river and follow the current (ccL) back to the river..