cayuga 9-21-11

dbutts

fished a few hours this am with my daughter and tim. we were in search mode most of the day. we fished meyers pt, tounghanic pt, boyscout camp, miliken stn, then right up the gut. the best screen was right at meyers pt, 80-100 fow was loaded with bait and lots of hooks. only managed 1 stike with no one home. caught all of our fish north of boyscout camp. ended up with a few nice salmon 5-6lbs, a real nice bow 7 lb range, and a few dink salmon and bows. no hits on wire divers. all fish were caught on riggers with spoons. flasher and fly never took a hit.

thanks for the report. sounds like a good day. sounds like those lakers are still shut down. thinking about trying it down that end friday. any debris in the water? weeds, wood etc.? would like to try all the way down at the south end. best, mark

Fleas were bad yesterday and if anyone can get those fish at Myers to go, let me know as I wasted 3 hours there. Lakers everywhere but they seem to be in pre spawn shut down. We managed a few nice bows and salmon for 10 hour trip! At least I know where not to fish now. That's what happens when you take 2 weeks off.

RR

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

At least I know where not to fish now. That's what happens when you take 2 weeks off. RR

Don't feel bad, there are a few of us in the same boat .:(

Right Kenny?

It wasn't any better up the lake from you. I fished north & south of Long Point on the East side for 6 hours and did a dozen fish. It was pretty lack luster. Couple small lakers & salmon. A few decent rainbows & salmon. It seemed that the bigger fish came from 60' to 90' down although there were some smaller ones mixed in. The dinks all came from sliders so I stopped running them after awhile.

Like you, the fleas were a irritation and the weeds were sporatic.