Canvas cleaner & waterproofing suggestions

Misty IV

Before I put the boat away, my bimini & canvas drop curtains need a good cleaning. What suggestions for a good cleaner does everyone have? I have tried the warm soap and water approach with some success, but some of the stains are being difficult and stubborn.

Also, what about a waterproofing spray or coating for the canvas? I noticed a few times over the season during a rainfall, water was seeping through the sections of the canvas top seams. The top is only 2 years old, so nowhere near needing replacement yet. Any thoughts or ideas on either topic? Thanks!

I bought some canvas water proofer from McMasters and it works great but has a heavy fragrance to it (flowery). It was very economical compared to other stuff around and comes in gallons. I dont have any idias other than the crud cutter from Lows to wash it, I put the canvas up then wash it up with a brush but im not real fussy either as mine is just a rain canvas.

A 50/50 mixture of Clorox and water does wonders on removing black mold from white canvas, colored canvas I do not know. The Amish guy down in Leon, New York resewed my neighbors five year old top and dyed and waterproofed it. Looks good as new almost.